Cocaine addiction is a serious problem that nobody is immune to unless they simply don’t use the drug. Unfortunately, anyone who abuses cocaine is at a significant risk of becoming addicted. These alarming statistics will shed some light on just how bad cocaine addiction really is.
Who’s Using Cocaine?
- 1 in 4 Americans between the ages of 26 and 34 have abused cocaine at some time.
- 3.3% of high school students abuse cocaine.
- Average age group of cocaine users is actually 18-25.
- More men abuse cocaine than women.
Who’s Dying from Cocaine Addiction
- 15 thousand Americans per year die from cocaine use.
- 500K emergency room department admissions result annually from cocaine use.
- From 2001-2014 there was a 42% increase in cocaine overdose deaths from the previous period of the same length
Teens and Cocaine Abuse
- 4% of 12th graders report having used cocaine at some time in their life by the age of 18.
- 2.5% of 12th graders recently reported having abused cocaine in the past 12 months.
- Fewer teens use crack cocaine than powder cocaine.
- Many treatment options are available to assist you in overcoming a cocaine addiction.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Therapeutic communities
- Disulfiram medication
- Modanifil medication
- Lorcaserin medication