Alabama is a predominantly rural state but this in no way means that the Cotton State is immune to addiction. Sadly, drug and alcohol dependence are serious problems in AL much like the rest of the United States. Although the state ranks in the lower 10 for addiction, nearly 10% of residents struggle with past year illicit substance abuse and need help.
Are you or is someone you love looking for help overcoming addiction to drugs or alcohol in Alabama? Call our helpline at 1-888-605-7779 to be connected with an inpatient rehab center in Alabama that can provide you with caring, compassionate support that will guide you to recovery and healing.
What is Inpatient Addiction Treatment in Alabama Like?
Getting help for yourself or someone you love can be challenging. First you have to admit that there is a legitimate problem that requires professional treatment, then you have to begin the search for quality care, and finally, you have to commit to the recovery steps that are outlined for you to get sober and to stay that way. It can be downright overwhelming.
Inpatient rehab is generally your first or second major step toward recovery. Many programs offer detox but if you find yourself in a residential rehab setting that does not offer detox you may spend your first major recovery step in a detox center and THEN transition into residential or inpatient rehab.
During inpatient rehab you will:
- Receive around-the-clock support and monitoring to ensure your safety.
- Learn how your addiction impacts your life and the lives of those who love you.
- Find out what you can do to prevent relapse when you leave rehab.
- Receive meals, housing, and all the necessary elements of safe, sober living while you are in treatment.
Is Inpatient Rehab Right for Me?
You are likely wondering if inpatient rehab is the right choice for you or someone you care about. This question commonly arises when discussing rehab. Here’s how you can tell if it’s the right choice for you:
- Inpatient rehab is ideal for those who are struggling with hard to beat addictions, especially those that are plagued with serious symptoms of withdrawal.
- Inpatient rehab is ideal if you have tried other forms of treatment and relapsed.
- Inpatient rehab is ideal if you do not have significant support at home or if you are not ready to accept the support that is offered to you at home.
- Inpatient rehab is ideal if you can legitimately leave work, home, and school for a period of 30 days or more to focus solely on your own recovery.
In some cases, outpatient rehab is acceptable too. For instance, if you can’t leave work or if you are the sole provider for your family, you may find outpatient rehab helpful. However, it’s always advisable to speak with a recovery specialist about your unique situation before making any permanent decisions. Call 1-888-605-7779 today to speak with a support specialist about your needs.
Where are Inpatient Rehab Centers in Alabama?
You’ll find a number of inpatient rehab centers throughout Alabama in major cities and small, rural towns. The Heart of Dixie is home to hundreds of treatment options that provide quality care for a wide range of addiction problems including opiate addiction, cocaine addiction, and prescription drug abuse.
If you or someone you love is addicted and needs help, call 1-888-605-7779 for help finding inpatient rehab centers in Birmingham, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa or any other city throughout AL. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support your recovery needs.
Find Inpatient Rehabs in Alabama Near You
Search by city or by zip code below to find local treatment providers in Alabama.