Although Michigan was once a bustling city and home to the industrialized economy that once boomed with excitement, today the state suffers from a higher than average epidemic of homelessness, gang violence and substance abuse. Unemployment rates are higher than the national average and for the many Michigan residents stuck in the seemingly downward spiral of stress that accommodates a lack of employment, substance abuse seems the only way to cope.
Unfortunately, prescription drug dependence, alcoholism, and a wide range of illicit street drug-related addictions plague residents throughout Michigan. For those who are heavily addicted, inpatient rehab centers provide the only true means of safe, controlled treatment that will lead to recovery.
Michigan Rehab Centers Offer Life-Changing Treatment
To help those who have fallen victim to addiction, Michigan rehab centers incorporate a wide range of treatment modalities that are aimed at improving recovery odds and restoring balance into the lives of those who are both directly and indirectly affected by addiction. Some of the most common treatment options that are found in a residential rehab center include:
- Medical detox
- 12-step support groups such as AA or NA
- Cognitive behavioral therapy and other forms of behavioral therapy
- Individual and group therapy sessions
- Medical treatment for underlying health problems
- Psychological counseling for underlying mental health conditions
- Trauma resolution therapy
- Holistic treatment including acupuncture, massage and nutritional counseling
Throughout Michigan, inpatient drug and alcohol rehab centers are found providing a foundation upon which recovery and healing can take place.
What can be Treated?
If you’re not sure whether you should seek the help of a residential treatment program, or if you’re wondering what can actually be treated in an inpatient program, consider the following:
- Inpatient rehab can help with dual-diagnosis.
- Inpatient rehab can provide medical care for underlying health conditions.
- Residential rehab provides counseling and therapy to assist with emotional well-being.
- Residential rehab provides medical care and detox to assist with withdrawal symptoms.
- Inpatient treatment restores balance for a healthy lifestyle.
Every major city in Michigan features treatment programs that can help people like you get sober. Whether you are addicted to heroin, prescription painkillers or cocaine, if you’re an alcoholic or a student suffering from methamphetamine addiction, there is hope. Michigan rehab centers employ addiction specialists that are trained to provide quality, effective treatment that will guide the way to recovery and healing.
If you or someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol and needs help, call our helpline toll-free at 1-800-552-0697 for immediate assistance. We will connect you with a residential treatment facility that will lead you to recovery and healing.