South Dakota is not immune to the devastation that has impacted the rest of the United States as a result of addiction. In fact, many South Dakota residents are battling addiction firsthand much like those in other parts of the country. Heroin, prescription drugs, cocaine, crystal meth and other substances are overwhelming our neighborhoods creating a significant need for quality treatment and care when addiction arises.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol and needs help finding an inpatient rehab center in South Dakota, call 1-888-605-7779. We’ll connect you with a rehab center that can provide evidence-based addiction treatment to help you overcome addiction and life a happy, healthy life.
Types of Addiction Treatment in South Dakota
In your search for help, it’s likely that you will come across a number of different addiction treatment options in South Dakota. Luxury rehabs, outpatient rehab, long-term rehab and other forms of care provide a diverse set of opportunities for those seeking recovery. But how do you choose the best program for yourself or someone you care deeply about?
Begin with an understanding of the various types of treatment:
- Luxury rehabs in South Dakota – these centers provide above-average amenities and a resort-like experience for the recovering addict.
- Long-term rehabs in South Dakota – these centers provide extended care options beyond the typical 90-days of rehab. Most offer 120-days or more of treatment.
- Holistic rehabs in South Dakota – these centers offer holistic treatment programs such as acupuncture or massage therapy in conjunction with Western medicine techniques commonly used in addiction treatment.
- General inpatient rehabs in South Dakota – these are your standard, 30 to 90-day rehab programs that offer traditional treatment methods such as support, counseling and individual therapy to help you heal.
Choosing Treatment for Myself or a Loved One
Now that you have a thorough understanding of the different types of treatment available to you in South Dakota, you can begin to consider an informed decision as to which treatment is best for you or someone you care about. Here are some tips to consider when choosing inpatient rehab in South Dakota:
- Consider the costs associated with rehab and whether insurance is accepted. IF you have health insurance, call your insurance provider to find out what coverage you have for rehab or call our helpline at 1-888-605-7779 for free insurance benefits check.
- Consider whether you should seek help locally or outside of your hometown or state. Some find that seeking help away from home provides a unique opportunity to “leave addiction behind” and “start fresh.” However, if you have family locally that rely on you, it may make more sense to seek treatment close to home.
- Consider the type of treatment that’s going to be ideal for you. Inpatient or outpatient? If you have already tried other forms of treatment and failed or if you are struggling with more than one addiction or with a mental illness in addition to the addiction, you should consider inpatient rehab.
- Consider the treatment effectiveness. Ask the staff. Ask the patients. Do your research and find out how effective the center you’re considering is in providing quality addiction treatment and care.
- Seek a program with a high staff-to-patient ratio. This means that there will be a large number of staff members in comparison to the patients. A South Dakota inpatient rehab center with a large staff-to-patient ratio will generally be able to provide you with greater one-on-one support and care.
Still not sure? Call our helpline anytime for help. We’ll answer your questions and guide you through the process of finding and choosing a rehab program that’s right for you.