Are you looking for inpatient rehab for a substance use disorder for yourself or for someone you love? Finding the right treatment takes time, commitment and an understanding of the various treatment offerings that are available to meet your needs. If you’re considering this professional help, either for yourself or for a loved one, consider the following tips for finding a rehab. Call our helpline at 1-888-605-7779 today for help.
Talk with Your Doctor
If you’re suffering from a substance use disorder, one of the best ways to find an effective treatment is to have a talk with your doctor or healthcare provider. You may be able to get valuable information about local rehab centers from your healthcare provider. If your doctor is not able to provide you with the information that you need, he or she will likely have references in which they can refer to you to help in your search for effective treatment.
Talk with your Local Pastor or Clergy Member
Support services and similar offerings often take place at local churches. If you’re looking for treatment, consider talking about your needs with your local pastor or clergy member. Your pastor may be able to refer you to a low-cost treatment option in the community or he or she may be able to provide you with individual and family counseling that can aid in your recovery.
Consider Online Helplines
Our 24 hour, toll-free helpline can assist you in finding the right type of inpatient rehab for your substance use disorder. If you’re not sure what type of treatment to choose, what options are available in your area or you just have questions about how to begin the process of getting help, call to speak with a counselor today! We’re available to assist you 7 days a week at 1-888-605-7779.
Talk with the Courts
Often times, rehabilitation can be found through the court system or community government offices. If you’re considering getting help but you simply have nowhere to turn, talk with the community court system or your local clerk of the courts to find out what types of treatment are available. In many communities, paperwork can be filed to seek immediate assistance in securing counseling or treatment services for those who otherwise cannot afford treatment, who may be a danger to themselves or who may have found themselves in some sort of criminal trouble as a result of substance abuse.
Types of Treatment Offered
If you’re looking for rehab, it’s important to understand the various types of treatment that are offered in your area. Various types of treatment for substance use disorders exist including:
- Residential rehab – here patients will reside in a treatment facility and receive around-the-clock care for their addiction. Treatment includes counseling, therapy, behavioral therapy, support groups, medical care and monitoring.
- Outpatient treatment – here patients will attend regularly scheduled sessions with a counselor or behavioral therapist and they will continue their recovery efforts at home. Treatment can take place in a hospital, office or another facility as needed usually at least once per week and often times on a daily basis.
- Detox – here patients will receive medical intervention services that aid in the effective elimination of symptoms associated with drug or alcohol withdrawal. Detox can take place in either a residential our outpatient facility depending on patient needs.
- Support Groups – various types of support groups are offered in conjunction with treatment for substance abuse. Some of the most common support groups are twelve-step programs such as NA or AA but, depending on your individual needs, you’ll likely find a number of groups that are not 12-step based.
- Behavioral Therapy – this type of treatment takes place both in residential and outpatient facilities. Behavioral therapy provides patients with the therapeutic opportunity to overcome their addiction and heal.
If you or someone you love needs help, understanding the different types of treatment that are available to assist you with recovery from a substance use disorder is only the first step. You can find and choose local treatment options that will assist you every step of the recovery way. Don’t let fear or a general lack of understanding prevent you from getting the help and support that you need to get well. Call our help line toll free at 1-888-605-7779 for immediate assistance in finding and choosing inpatient rehab today.