(Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that InpatientRehabCenters.net aims to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information on each insurance carrier and their coverage for addiction treatment and rehab insurance benefits but policy changes and differences between insurance policies can change. It’s important to check with our helpline representatives by calling 1-888-605-7779 to determine what coverage level your Amerigroup Insurance will provide for drug or alcohol rehab prior to committing to any program)
Amerigroup is a comprehensive insurance provider that offers a wide range of coverage options for various healthcare needs including treatment for addiction to drugs or alcohol. While you may not even know whether your treatment could be covered or what your insurance policy offers, we can help you make sense of it all. Call 1-888-605-7779 today for assistance in finding and choosing a rehab center that accepts Amerigroup Insurance Coverage.
Where Can Amerigroup Coverage be Used?
Amerigroup insurance coverage offers cost-effective care for those who need treatment for addiction to drugs or alcohol, but the insurance coverage is not valid in every state. The following states accept Amerigroup insurance plans:
- New Mexico
- New Jersey
- New York
What Does Amerigroup Cover?
Every policy is different, so it’s impossible to say exactly what will be covered by YOUR Amerigroup insurance when you enter rehab for an addiction to drugs or alcohol. However, Amerigroup insurance coverage details are easy to access through the user panel of the member website or by calling our helpline at 1-888-605-7779 to have your insurance benefits check covered to determine what coverage you have and what inpatient rehab centers locally to you will accept your plan.
Generally, Amerigroup insurance will cover medically necessary rehabilitation for substance abuse and addiction. You may be required to see a primary care physician to discuss your drug or alcohol use with him or her first in order to obtain a referral to a rehab center.
Much like other insurance plans, Amerigroup does offer minimally essential coverage for drug and alcohol detox. Additional services that may be covered under your policy include:
- Counseling in an inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Outpatient detox which includes therapeutic options such as MMT or Suboxone.
- Medication assisted treatment for alcoholism, opiate addiction or addiction to benzodiazepines.
How Long Will Amerigroup Cover my Drug or Alcohol Rehab Care?
Your policy coverage details are unique to your situation and to your policy itself. Here are some of the potential scenarios that you may come across when figuring out how long treatment will be covered:
- What your primary care physician has deemed medically necessary and how long a counselor expect for you to require care. You may receive 30, 60, 90 days or more of inpatient drug and alcohol rehab covered partially or completely by Amerigroup insurance.
- Whether you have underlying mental or physical health conditions that also require treatment.
- Whether you are progressing more rapidly through rehab than originally expected or whether other care options that are more affordable to the insurer may be provided—the insurer is likely to choose the most affordable, minimally invasive care option that is considered appropriate for your needs.
What if Insurance Doesn’t Cover my Treatment?
If your Amerigroup insurance doesn’t cover the complete cost of your addiction treatment, don’t fret. Many options are available to help you offset that. In addition to having the specific option of asking the rehab center that you are attending to help you by allowing you more time to pay for treatment, you may also consider the following:
- Seeking support from friends or family.
- Asking for a loan from a loved one.
- Using credit cards, savings or a health savings account to pay for rehab.
- Taking out a personal loan to help pay for rehab.
- Using rehab financing or sliding fee programs that allow you to pay based on your ability to pay.
- Seeking community assistance or the help of a church or other program for a rehab voucher or similar treatment service option.
Call 1-888-605-7779 today to find out more about what your insurance policy from Amerigroup will cover and what can be done to help you pay for any out of pocket expenses associated with inpatient drug and alcohol rehab.
Is Luxury Rehab Covered by Amerigroup Insurance?
It can be very appealing to consider the amenities provided by a luxury rehab center—fine linens, gourmet meals, private living accommodations. While all of these amenities stand out and make rehab seem more appealing, they are not deemed medically necessary to your recovery and will likely NOT be covered by your Amerigroup insurance policy.
However, this does not mean that you cannot get treatment in a luxury rehab center using your Amerigroup insurance coverage. Basically, your insurance will simply cover the cost of medically necessary care and any treatments that are provided that do not fall into this “medically necessary” category will be up to you to pay for. This means that you will be required to pay the additional fees associated with these meals, special amenities or services such as acupuncture or massage.
Free Amerigroup Insurance Verification
Are you ready to get sober? Amerigroup insurance can help offset many of the costs associated with getting well. Our helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide you with a free insurance benefits check. Call 1-888-605-7779 today and we’ll figure out what your Amerigroup policy will cover and what the next steps will be for you—let us take the burden of figuring this all out away so you can focus on healing today.