(Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that InpatientRehabCenters.net aims to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information on each insurance carrier and their coverage for addiction treatment and rehab insurance benefits but policy changes and differences between insurance policies can change. It’s important to check with our helpline representatives by calling 1-888-605-7779 to determine what coverage level your Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield insurance will provide for drug or alcohol rehab prior to committing to any program)
When you first decide to make the call for help, you’ve realized your addicted and you need rehab, but you’re frightened. Where do you go from here? How will you pay for care? Will it even work? We realize how scary this can be and if you have Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield Insurance, you’re probably wondering if it can help to pay for the cost of inpatient drug and alcohol rehab?
Fortunately, most insurance holders find that they ARE covered and that inpatient rehab for their addiction is more affordable than they even realized. Call our helpline at 1-888-605-7779 today to find out if Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield Insurance is accepted at an inpatient rehab center near you.
What Does Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield Coverage Provide for Adults Struggling with Addiction
Coverage for mental health, co-occurring disorders and chemical dependency from Anthem is complicated. Each plan offers different levels of what is considered minimum essential coverage and depending on your needs and your policy you may have coverage for a wide range of services to help you overcome your addiction including:
- Physical care
- In-network rehabilitation
- Medically supervised detoxification
- Medically supervised medication monitoring and management
- Hospitalized treatment
- Long-term counseling and monitoring
All of the above benefits and treatment options depend on your needs, what is deemed medically necessary for YOU, and what your policy details state.
Is Prior Authorization Required?
Many insurance providers require that you seek a prior authorization in order to receive care for any health related matter. What this means is that you may be required to first see your primary care physician in order to have him or her determine whether the addiction is a medically necessary treatment that you require inpatient rehabilitation for. This would need to be done prior to your insurance through Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield covering the rehabilitative care that is provided to you.
Anthem does require prior authorization on most policy holders for most situations but the only way to truly know whether this authorization is required is to call your service provider or to call our helpline for a free insurance benefit check at 1-888-605-7779.
Paying for Out of Pocket Expenses Associated with Inpatient Addiction Treatment
Once you enter rehab for an addiction to drugs or alcohol you will likely require some assistance to pay for out-of-pocket expenses. Even if you have full coverage through Anthem, things pop up like medications that are not routinely covered or luxury care options or amenities such as acupuncture or massage that may not be included in the medically necessary benefits of treatment.
It’s important to first determine WHAT Anthem will cover, and then to determine what expected out-of-pocket costs you may be faced with. Such costs may include:
- If you haven’t already met your annual deductible, you may be required to pay for all of your rehabilitation treatment until the annual deductible is met.
- Co-payments or co-insurance. If you have co-payments associated with your policy, you’ll need to have a plan in place to cover these while you’re in treatment. Many policies require 25% or more in copayments or coinsurance for specialty care such as addiction related healthcare.
- Additional costs not covered by your insurer. This includes costs such as medications, specialty services, luxury amenities or similar fees for services that are not deemed “medically necessary” by the insurance provider.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can pay for out-of-pocket costs associated with inpatient addiction treatment. These include:
- Asking for help from friends or family.
- Using loans or credit cards.
- Using a health savings account if you have one.
- Seeking treatment from a rehab center that offers financing.
- Seeking treatment from a rehab center that provides a sliding fee program in which you pay only what you can afford.
Free Anthem Insurance Benefits Check
If you’re ready to get help, but you’re really not sure where to begin, call our helpline toll-free at 1-888-605-7779 for a free insurance benefits check. This will get the ball rolling in the right direction so that you can determine what you’re up against and how much inpatient drug or alcohol rehab really will cost you.
Being prepared for out of pocket expenses is one step of the many steps it takes to successfully enter rehab and come out clean and sober. We can walk this walk with you sharing the journey of recovery in many ways. Call our helpline anytime to ask questions or to find out more about the rehab centers in your area that may accept your insurance coverage.
Even if you don’t have insurance coverage, help is widely available to assist you. Support is just a quick, five-minute call away. Our national helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you. Whether you need advice, answers or just peace of mind, call today and we’ll help you—1-888-605-7779.